1) due to load changes, extended service, norms and changes in the structure led to structural capacity is insufficient;
2) members due to a variety of accidental deformation, distortion, disability, depression, etc., resulting in weakened component sections, bar warping, connection cracking;
3) caused by the temperature difference between the components or connections deformation, cracking and warping;
4) Corrosion due to the erosion of chemical substances and electrochemical corrosion caused by steel structure components weakened;
5) other including the design, production, construction errors and service during the illegal use and operation.
There are three main technical measures to strengthen the steel structure:
1) section reinforcement method: in the local or along the full length of steel components to strengthen, even as a whole to make the common force;
2) change the calculation diagram: additional support, adjust the load distribution, reduce the internal force level, the statically indeterminate bearing structure forcing displacement, reduce the peak stress;
3) Prestressed cable method: the use of high-strength cable reinforcement structure to enhance the weak link or improve the overall structure of the bearing capacity, stiffness and stability.
Previous: Steel structure is easy to corrode
Next: No Information